We are currently taking applications for School Bus Drivers & Monitors.
Private Bus Service needs EXPERIENCED split-shift School Bus Drivers in Charlotte, NC for elementary and middle school students. Morning and afternoon routes, Mon - Fri. (35 hrs/week). Must have Class B CDL with school bus and passenger endorsement, pass a background check and drug test. Must have an energetic personality and be great with children. Pay: $16/hr. - Bus Drivers, $13/hr - Bus Monitors
1. Operate the school bus in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life. Operate the school bus in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures. Perform daily safety and maintenance checks. Clean the bus as scheduled and/or required. Ensure the bus is safely and securely stored. Advise the Senior Administrative Officer of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
2. Maintain schedules and maintain order on the School Bus. Pick up and deliver students as per a set schedule. Take attendance on the school bus. Ensure students are aware of rules and responsibilities as passengers. Maintain order and discipline on the School bus. Make note of any behavioral or disciplinary problems.
3. Perform other related duties.
Friendly Work Environment
Click below to complete our Application Form Employment
Bus Monitor Responsibilities
Bus monitors are responsible for assisting children with getting on and off of the bus safely. They must also make sure that children are in their assigned seats, if applicable. They must make sure that children get off of the bus at the correct stops and that they are being released to the proper guardians.
The duties of a bus monitor include making sure that children remain safely seated while the bus is in motion, maintaining order on the bus, understanding and following written and oral instructions, following basic principles of early childhood development and establishing good relationships with the children, the bus driver, the parents and other staff. Monitors must also make sure that there are no children left behind after the bus route is completed and pick up any trash left behind on the buses.
Daily Job Description
· Prepare assigned seating chart
· Direct students to assigned seat when boarding
· Direct loading of students on bus to prevent congestion unsafe conditions.
· Monitor conduct of students to maintain discipline and safety.
· Help to prevent altercations between students or damage to bus.
· Roll call at each stop to ensure students get off at the proper stop.
· Check for sleeping students at each stop
· Participates in school bus safety drills.
· May disembark from school bus at railroad crossings clear bus across tracks..
· Maintain current knowledge of Emergency Evacuation procedures.
· Assist handicapped children on and off the bus and escort children across street
upon return home; lift children as required; assure responsible adult meets students
before leaving the bus.
· Pickup any trash left by students
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Click Below to complete Bus Monitor Application
Eagle Bus Service
Eagle Bus Service, PO Box 425, Newell, NC 28126US
Copyright © 2020 The Eagle Bus - All Rights Reserved.